Top 10 Best Guard Dog Breeds
If you have a dog in your life, you are receiving many benefits. First at all, dogs provide us companionship and entertainment. Having a dog increase the opportunities for walking, and interacting with other people, which improve our health. But one of main use of dog was always security.
But which are better watchdogs?
Stanley Coren, teacher in psychology at the University of British Columbia in Canada and is author of “The Intelligence of Dogs.” He took a survey in an American-Canadian top dog trainers, and the results is a list of the best watchdogs and the best guard dogs for the home, because it is different. Watchdogs are those that alert you, and Guard dogs are those that protect you.
According to Coren, the top watchdog are:
4.-West Highland White Terrier
The reasons are they are very barking and smeller dogs.
In other hand, Coren says the worst protection dogs are:
- St. Bernard
- Basset hound
In Coren’s list, the Top Guard dogs are:
- Bull mastiff
- Doberman pinscher
- Giant Schnauzer
- German shepard
- Rhodesian Ridgeback
- American Staffordshire Terrier
This protector character of dogs is like this because dogs have emotions of invasion. Our Dog considers their territory theirs and it manifests in aggressive, barks and roars to all people.
Our dog can cause a damage to other persons too. Did you know that you are legally responsible for injuries and other damages caused by your dog?
For this reason in www.SegurosVeterinarios.com we recommend the Third Party Liability Cover for dogs.
That is the insurance company have to pay the dog victim’s damages , including medical costs, lost wages and “pain and suffering,” up to the limits of your coverage.
– Compensation and claimant’s costs and expenses
– Legal costs and expenses for defending a claim against you
– Many policies include Legal Defence Cover. The insurer will hire an attorney to defend you if you are sued.
WHAT’S NOT COVERED?
– Damage to individuals attending to the animal’s needs
– Claims arising from the infraction of laws, regulations, ordinances and other legal provisions in force
– The payment of sanctions or fines, along with the consequences of their nonpayment. Read all exclusions and limitations
SegurosVeterinarios.com is the expert in Pet Insurance in Spain, created for you to save time and money.